Informing parents about the true nature of gender identity ideology and the resulting harms caused to vulnerable children.
Studies have shown that 69 to 98 percent of children will resolve conflicts between their feelings and their bodies by adulthood if not subjected to gender “affirmation” medical interventions. CPR-C empowers parents with truthful information concerning the claims of transgender ideology and the resulting harms of this ideology and these experimental treatments to children.
Exposing the collateral damage posed by gender identity ideology to all children.
There has been an exponential increase of transgender identities among youth. CPR-C lays bare the fact that gender identity ideology poses risks to more than just vulnerable children experiencing gender dysphoria.
Gender Ideology shows signs of a social contagion
Researchers have found many children adopting a transgender identity are part of peer groups breaking out in clusters. Social media, peer pressure, and other factors are creating a wide-spread phenomenon called Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria among teens. Schools are furthering the contagion by policies that lead children to believe they can be the opposite sex, no sex, or something else.
Gender Ideology disproportionately harms girls
CPR-C exposes the stark reality that gender identity ideology harms girls to a greater degree than boys, and effectively erases civil rights protections enacted for girls.
Gender identity ideology creates unsafe spaces for girls.
School policies granting access to privacy facilities based on transgender identity (mental perception), rather than sex (biological reality), creates hostile environments for girls by requiring that they share bathrooms and locker rooms with males who self-identify as females.
The real-life consequence of creating these unsafe spaces has been seen in Decatur, Georgia, where a girl was sexually assaulted in the girls’ bathroom by a boy who accessed the bathroom under a school policy allowing access to privacy facilities be based on how a student identifies instead of on sex.
Gender identity ideology denies girls equal opportunity in sports:
Gender identity ideology erases the advances girls have realized through hard-fought battles to secure equal opportunity in sports and the academic opportunities that athletic success brings. As a result:
• Biological male athletes are permitted to proclaim they are female and dominate athletic competitions.
• Girls in contact sports are harmed by physically-advantaged males allowed to compete with them because of a self-asserted female identity.
• Female high school athletes stand to lose college scholarship opportunities intended for girls because biological male athletes, self-identified as female, take top prizes in competitions.
Gender Confusion Disproportionately Afflicting Teenage Girls.
Gender confusion and the resulting harms of “gender affirmation” treatments are affecting girls at an alarmingly higher rate than in boys.
• Surveys in the U.S. and elsewhere reveal a disproportionately higher ratio of adolescent girls are identifying as transgender or “gender non-conforming” than are boys.
• The United Kingdom saw a 4,400 percent increase in girls and 1,250 percent increase in boys being referred for gender transitioning treatment between 2009 and 2018, numbers so alarming it has sparked an official inquiry into the exponential rise in children wanting to change their sex.
• This disproportionate rate of girls adopting transgender identities is consistent with the higher prevalence of other forms of psychological distress girls experience with their bodies (such as anorexia nervosa).
Informing Parents About Their Parental Rights
CPR-C seeks to inform parents of their fundamental rights to direct the upbringing and education of their children and as guardians of their children’s health and safety in contexts in which such rights are presently threatened by transgender ideology:
• Parental Rights In Education:Parents’ right to direct the upbringing and education of their children is among the oldest and most important liberty interests protected under the U.S. Constitution. CPR-C seeks to inform parents where the law protects the recognized realm of parental decision-making and schools exceed the legitimate pedagogical interests of the state.
• Parental Rights In Medical Decision-making: Parents have the right to direct the medical and mental health care of their children without interference from the state absent evidence of abuse or neglect. The state overriding parental authority to coerce parents to consent to their child receiving harmful untested gender affirmation treatments is repugnant to the American legal tradition.
• Providing Parent Resources: CPR-C links parents to resources that will empower them to join the campaign to restore fundamental parental rights and secure their children’s well-being against gender identity ideology.