Knowledge is Power
At CPR-C we seek to empower parents with resources that arm them with factual information to confront the threat to their parental rights and their children’s well-being. Well-armed parents will be better equipped to meet the purveyors of gender identity ideology head-on, encourage fellow parents, and arrest this ideology from overtaking their children.
Issue Analyses: CPR-C has developed evidence-based analyses of critical issues surrounding gender identity ideology. These handouts provide research-supported responses to the most common assertions made by those advocating for social transition and medical and surgical interventions for children.
• The Myth About Suicide and Gender Dysphoric Children. This analysis addresses the most often repeated claim by “gender-affirming treatment” advocates that if not provided with these interventions children will commit suicide. It provides extensive citations to show that such claims are false and lacking in credible evidence. In fact, the best long-term research found that individuals who go through medical transition kill themselves at a rate 19 times greater than the general population.
• Are “Gender-Affirming” Medical Interventions Being Performed on Minors? This analysis dispels the claim that puberty-blocking agents, cross-sex hormones, and “gender conversion” surgeries are not being administered to minors. It includes citations to the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (“WPATH”) Standards, Endocrine Society and Pediatric Endocrine Society Guidelines, and a National Institutes of Health-funded study that describe offering these interventions for children.
• Do Physicians and Health Professionals Really Support “Gender-Affirming” Interventions in Minors? This analysis counters the claim that the majority of healthcare professionals support medical gender interventions for children. It provides evidence that position statements issued by “professional organizations” in fact do not represent the viewpoint of most of their members. And it references American and International medical professionals that have sounded alarms about the harms these interventions cause to developing minors.
Select from the CPRC Resources in the tabs below.
• Parent Resource Guide: A comprehensive guidebook to equip and educate parents on how to understand and respond to the transgender trend in schools.
• Protect Child Health Coalition: A nationwide coalition of individuals and organizations devoted to protecting children from early sexualization through comprehensive sex education (CSE), including gender identity ideology. PCHC offers multiple Websites with resources on parental rights, sex education and other educational issues.
• United States CSE map: Parents can click on interactive U.S. map to find relevant state laws related to comprehensive sex education and other resources.
• Comprehensive Sex and Transgender Ed: Family Watch International (FWI) is a nonprofit international educational organization in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations that works to protect the family as the fundamental unit of society and combat the sexualization of children by comprehensive Sex Ed at the international, national and local level. FWI provides video presentations and links to research papers and other resources for parents.
• U.S. Department of Education: The Office for Civil Rights provides information on parents’ and students’ rights in education. The Office on Student Privacy provides information on the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, which protects parents’ rights to their children’s educational records.
• Transgender Trend: A group of parents in the UK concerned about the current trend to diagnose children as transgender, legislation which places transgender rights above the right to safety for girls and young women in privacy facilities, and fairness for girls in sports.
• Resources for Parents: Transgender Trend has developed videos, articles and sample letters for parents of transgender children.
• School Resource Guide: Transgender Trend has created a comprehensive resource guide for teachers, parents and students offering guidelines for meeting the needs of transgender children while respecting the rights of all students.
Choosing, by Ellie Klipp (2019)
Choosing stands as a beacon of truth in a sea of agenda-driven propaganda aimed at planting the seeds of gender identity ideology in the minds of tweens and teens. Author Ellie Klipp has artfully combined storytelling with scientific accuracy and compassion. The result is an effective and engaging story that offers tweens and teens a positive and factually rich message about a complex and politically charged topic. Choosing tells the story of ninth-grader Tracy McKenzie who comes face to face with gender identity ideology when her younger brother is deeply troubled by an announcement that a boy in his second-grade class is now a "girl." That begins a journey of discovery about the complexity of the transgender phenomenon. Tracy’s mother, a nursing student, provides factual, scientifically accurate information regarding human sexuality and the misconception of gender ideology. She offers facts about the nature and consequences of puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones. Her focus is on compassion, not condemnation, explaining that at its core gender dysphoria is a mental health issue and in many cases a response to trauma coupled with peer pressure. Mrs. McKenzie’s conversations equip Tracy and her friends for when the social contagion of gender identity ideology sweeps through their high school.
Choosing effectively uses the medium of fiction to provide tweens and teens with answers to the many issues they will face related to the transgender agenda. Tweens and teens will learn about separating biological facts from the social construct, offering compassionate support to gender-confused friends, and standing up for their values, especially when they are unpopular.
Transgender Children & Young People, by Michele Moore and Heather Brunskill-Evans (2018)
A collection of essays about the current theory and practice of trangendering children. Contributors contest this practice from a range of perspectives – as social theorists, psychotherapists, detransitioners, persons living as transgender, and parents of adolescents who identify as transgender. They argue it is politics, not science, that accounts for the exponential rise in the number of children diagnosed as transgender and that this trend is not progressive, but physically and psychologically dangerous and abusive.
When Harry Became Sally, Responding to the Transgender Moment, by Ryan T. Anderson (2018)
A detailed, thoroughly researched analysis of the ideas underlying the transgender phenomenon. Dr. Anderson argues that the best biology, psychology, and philosophy support an understanding of sex as a bodily reality, and of gender as a social manifestation of bodily sex. He explains how biology isn’t bigotry. He uses science and logic to critique the foundational principles of transgender activists.
Love Thy Body, Answering Hard Questions about Life and Sexuality, by Nancy R. Pearcey (2018)
A thoroughly researched book by a former agnostic and now well-respected apologist. Professor Pearcey analyzes the prevailing secular worldview of a body/person dualism that commodifies the human body. It is that worldview which has prompted the rise in transgenderism and other phenomenon. She then contrasts it with a reality-based morality that expresses a positive, life-affirming view of the human person.
Articles of Impeachment against Sex Change Surgery, by Walt Heyer (2020)
The powerful 55 “articles of impeachment” in this book detail the harmful and irreversible consequences the social and medical experiment called “sex change” continues to inflict on real people—adults, teenagers, and even young children—and why it needs to be reined in. The author, Walt Heyer, underwent “sex change” surgery and lived as a woman for eight years. In his latest effort to shine light on the transgender agenda, Heyer offers articles on medical studies, history, and politics. He also offers compelling first-person stories showing the human side of this important issue.
SCIENCE & MEDICINE
• American College of Pediatricians: A national organization of pediatricians and other healthcare professionals dedicated to the health and well-being of children. The College studies the best available research to create sound policies that assist parents and influence society on childrearing. https://www.acpeds.org/
• Society for Evidence Based Gender Medicine: An international group of nearly 100 clinicians and researchers concerned about the lack of quality evidence for the use of hormonal and surgical interventions as first-line treatment for young people with gender dysphoria. The society includes professionals with expertise from a range of clinical disciplines. Read More >>
• Kelsey Coalition: The Kelsey Coalition is a non-partisan organization whose mission is to promote policies and laws that protect young people from medical and psychological harms resulting from gender identity ideology and gender “affirmation” treatments. The Kelsey Coalition
• Identity medicine: Provides information on the demographics of gender identity, underlying social and psychological factors, the effects of social media, and the role of books and materials in schools. Identity Medicine
• Facts & Data: Provides information on the medicalization of children, taxpayer funded studies on medicalizing of children, and the rise in transgender surgeries. Facts & Data
• Lisa Littman, Correction: Parent reports of adolescents and young adults perceived to show signs of a rapid onset of gender dysphoria, 14 PLoS ONE (3): e0214157, March 19, 2019 Signs of Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria
• Lisa Littman, Rapid-onset gender dysphoria in adolescents and young adults: A study of parental reports. 13 PLoS ONE (8): e0202330, August 16, 2018 Gender Dysphoria Rapid Onset Study
• Dr. Michael Laidlaw, The Pediatric Endocrine Society’s Statement on Puberty Blockers Isn’t Just Deceptive. It’s Dangerous, January 13, 2020 Read the full article here.
• Dr. Michael Laidlaw, Dr. Michelle Cretella, Dr. G. Kevin Donovan, The Right to Best Care for Children Does Not Include the Right to Medical Transition, 19 American Journal of Bioethics (2) 75, February 2019 Gender & Dysphoria in Children
• Dr. Michael Laidlaw, Gender Dysphoria and Children: An Endocrinologist’s Evaluation of I am Jazz, The Public Discourse, April 15, 2018 The New Atlantis Article
• Growing Pains: Problems with Puberty Suppression in Treating Gender Dysphoria, The New Atlantis Spring 2017 The New Atlantis Article
• Sexuality and Gender: Findings from the Biological, Psychological and Social Sciences, The New Atlantis, Fall 2016 The New Atlantis Article. Authored by Dr. Lawrence Mayer and Dr. Paul McHugh, former Chief of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins Hospital.
SOCIAL & CULTURAL ISSUES
• Walt Heyer: An early victim of gender identity ideology and “gender affirmative” treatment who returned to living as a man writes prolifically on the harms of the ideology and treatment and provides advice to young people, parents, and others: Walt Heyer’s Story >>
• Jane Robbins, The Cracks in the Edifice of Transgender Totalitarianism, The Public Discourse, July 13, 2019, Cracks in the Edifice.
• Transgender Trend: Transgender trend provides helpful insight on the social and cultural issues arising from gender identity ideology.
• Cultural influences and trends: Read More
• Media: Media Link
SUPPORT FOR PARENTS
• Kelsey Coalition: The Kelsey Coalition is a non-partisan organization formed in March 2019 as a group of concerned parents whose children have been harmed by transgender healthcare practices. Its mission is to promote policies and laws that protect young people from harms resulting from gender identity ideology and “affirmation” treatments. The Kelsey Coalition
• Projects: Learn about legislative, litigation, and public policy projects that Kelsey Coalition is spearheading The Kelsey Coalition Projects
• Stories: View stories of parents whose children have been harmed by this ideology and “affirmation” treatments and the social contagion of rapid onset gender dysphoria. The Kelsey Coalition Stories
• Parents of Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria (ROGD) Kids: A group of parents whose children have suddenly decided they identify strongly with the opposite sex and are in the process of transitioning. Parents of ROGD Kids seeks to be a voice for, and a resource to, parents. Parents of ROGD Kids
• Family Watch International: Family Watch International (FWI) is a nonprofit international educational organization in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations that works to protect the family as the fundamental unit of society and combat the sexualization of children by comprehensive Sex Ed at the international, national and local level. Family Watch International