Navigating the Transgender Landscape - School Resource Guide
The Transgender Trend. A complex cultural phenomenon is sweeping through schools throughout the country. Children are declaring that they no longer identify as their own sex, but as the opposite sex, a new made-up “gender,” or no sex at all, creating serious challenges for K-12 schools.
Existing Resources. Until now, school leaders trying to implement policies to address this phenomenon have only had one-sided resources with the agenda of affirming a child’s belief that he or she was “born in the wrong body.” These ideologically driven materials omit important scientifically accurate information about the serious mental health and medical concerns raised by this phenomenon and fail to address the rights of all students and of parents.
The national Navigating the Transgender Landscape School Resource Guide is designed to fill the information gap.
The Guide gives school boards, administrators, teachers, and counselors sound social, medical, and legal information to develop sound policies to respond effectively to the transgender phenomenon.
- Explains factors influencing children to identify as transgender.
- Presents medical information on the effects of “gender transition” medical interventions.
- Provides answers to the most frequently raised concerns, such as the suicide risk, transgender regret, and parental concerns.
- Gives an overview of how the transgender trend is affecting activism in schools, sex-based privacy facilities, and equity in sports.
- Discusses Title IX and how state sunshine laws affect policy making.
- Offers policy recommendations to respond appropriately to trans-identifying students, while respecting the rights of all students and of parents.
Parents will also benefit from the balanced approach to this complicated phenomenon.
Resources Available Now:
Purchase a hard copy of the School Resource Guide:
- You can order a hard copy of the document in full color, professionally designed and bound, for $5.00 plus shipping and handling.
For Educators Only:
- Educators can order hard copies at the discounted rate of $3.00, plus shipping and handling.
FREE Digital Download (.pdf):
- We are making this document available for you to use and share with your local school officials.
If you would like to support our efforts to put this resource in the hands of every superintendent, school administrator, and other influencers across the country, please consider making a donation.
You can be a voice of truth and help win the battle in the campaign for Child & Parental Rights.